Average Price of Mice Extermination in Gainesville, FL
Here are the things that you need to keep in mind when considering hiring a mice exterminator:
- Most likely you will have to pay for the pest control professional to visit and assess the situation. Expect to pay between $100-$200. The good news is that most exterminators will deduct it from the total cost if you hire them to do the job. Expect to pay between $400-$800 for a comprehensive service including mouse elimination as well as sealing up access holes. In a case of severe mice infestation or if your home is bigger than the average American home expect to pay upward of $1000.
- A few treatments might be needed to get rid of mice. These follow-up visits will run you $300-$600 for a year. Keep in mind that the contract you sign is self-renewing so to avoid continued billing you have to cancel it.
- Last but not least – the prices mentioned above do not include repairs/cleanup (if needed). For that reason, you need to talk with the extermination company during inspection to find out if they provide this service and its cost.
Know that the numbers above are just rough estimates. To get an estimate – fill out the form below and up to 3 local mice exterminators will fight for your business. Or if you prefer to speak with a technician – call (844) 204-4979.
Mice Removal Prices in Gainesville
We all have dealt with this problem – having a mouse in the house and we all know that a trip to the store for a mouse trap solves it. However, an infestation is a whole different beast. It’s something you can’t do alone – it requires the services of a professional exterminator in Gainesville, Florida.
So, you are thinking, how much will I have to pay to get rid of mice? The short answer is – it depends because mice extermination costs are determined by the extent of the infestation as well as the size of your home. The bigger the are that needs treatment, the higher the cost would be.
Things to Keep in Mind When Dealing with Mice Gainesville
The first thing you need to know is that the fall is the season it’s most likely to encounter a mice infestation. It gets cold outside and they seek food and shelter in homes. And we all know the kind of problems they bring – insulation, cardboard, wallboard, and wiring get destroyed. But what’s more disturbing is that rodents are known to bring diseases.
Mice Extermination Techniques
It might come as a surprise to you but exterminators use the same baits and traps that homeowners can purchase at the local store. However, don’t be too fast to jump to conclusions. Here’s what they know that makes them worth their money:
- they know where exactly to place the traps – in general, near to where mice are sleeping. That means that you don’t need traps in the kitchen where your fingers might get snapped or your food contaminated.
- they know how to identify their travel routes – exterminators look for frequent travel patterns and the places where mice could move around your house. Keep in mind that these routes will be different for every home.
- they use poison and know how to handle it – yes, occasionally mice killers use traps when customers insist on it but poison is the way they deal with mice infestations to quickly cull the population.
- mouse-proofing the house – there are certain things that can be done to defend yourself against the rodents and the professional that you hire should be able to tell you what needs to be done, depending on your home.
What to Do Next?
If you think you have done everything you could but the mice are still there – you’ll need the help of an experienced exterminator. To get price quotes and the best price available in Gainesville, click the banner below and in a matter of minutes, you will know the cost of getting rid of mice.